for S.P.O.T.S. Residents and Visitors
S.P.O.T.S. answers to a national accrediting agency, a state licensing bureau, and state and county authorities with regard to its response to the coronavirus pandemic. In our local community we also have several high-risk members. Accordingly, the seminary administration asks residents and visitors alike to study these guidelines and assist us in applying them consistently. Thank you!
|Symptoms of COVID-19|
|If you suspect you have COVID-19 please contact the Registrar immediately at: (530) 467-3544|
We recognize three levels of risk:
- On arrival in Etna, all visitors will be expected to:
- Complete an Entrance Interview (respond to inquiries about possible symptoms, check temperature and oxygen level)
- Change, wash their clothes, and shower
- By default, new arrivals in Etna will be placed in the “red” classification unless they can be shown to be at limited risk;
- The following two options are acceptable to integrate into the “green” classification:
- By testing at the local hospital and integrating upon receipt of negative results;
- By following a strict self-quarantine for ten days.
- Those in the “yellow” classification must wear a mask and practice six-foot or greater social distancing at the Seminary, Seminary housing, and local Orthodox Churches. When seated and properly distanced in well-ventilated rooms, they may temporarily remove their masks. They must replace them, however, before standing and moving.
- Those in the “green” classification are expected to preserve their status by observing proper protective measures including, but not limited to, social distancing and mask wearing when interacting with anyone in either the “yellow” or “red” classifications.
- Visitation: When school is in session, no visitors from either the “yellow” or “red” category will be allowed on campus; this ensures the safety of both the students and the faculty, minimizing the continuing risk of exposure. Visitors invited for the purposes of service to the Seminary may be permitted under administrative discretion.
- Transportation: Those classified as “green” may travel together by car without any extra precautionary measures. Those in the “yellow” classification may travel with members of EITHER the “red” or the “green” classifications (never both), but all parties must be masked and the windows must be down. Those in the “red” classification should only travel with others in the “red” or with “yellow” classifications, and should always have masks on and windows down when travelling with individuals outside of their household.
If you have any questions please contact the Registrar: (530) 467-3544